SCRUFFY 2 FLUFFLY DOG GROOMING SCHOOL.
We have just a few terms and conditions at Scruffy 2 Fluffy Dog Grooming School to enable us to safely and successfully run our business and manage our clients and their precious dogs.
1. All new clients or those returning after a year are now required to pay a non-refundable £10 deposit per dog when booking an appointment. The deposit is transferable if the appointment needs to be changed with a minimum of 24 hours notice, however if less than 24 hours notice is provided or the client cancels or doesn't turn up, the deposit is forfeited and the appointment is offered to another client.
2. We encourage our clients to arrive a maximum of 10 minutes before their appointment time to check in.
3. Should a client arrive late for their appointment by 15 minutes or more without prior notice, it is their groomer's discretion whether they will be able to undertake the groom in the time remaining from the original appointment time.
4. We ask that all clients ensure that they are available to be contacted whilst their dog is with us should we need to contact in an emergency or contact once the groom is complete. It is strongly recommended that you do not make other arrangements during your dogs grooming time or close to it as this may affect how efficiently you can collect your dog once they have been pampered.\
5. If the client is more than 30 minutes late collecting their dog, without prior notice or due cause, a £5 per 1/2 hour late collection fee may be charged.
6. We require at least 24 hours notice of an appointment cancellation. This enables us to offer your appointment to someone waiting on our cancellation list. Less than 24 hours notice will result in a charge of a minimum fee when you rebook.
7. Please ensure that your dog has been toileted before you drop them off for their groom, no matter what the weather :)we will charge a small clean up fee.
8. We reserve the right to refuse a groom in certain circumstances, these include but are not limited to: ill health of dog or groomer, a flea infestation on a presented dog, aggression or fear past the point of us being able to continue, aggressive behaviour from clients, any other reason that may cause an injury to dog or groomer.
9. Should a client cancel (without appropriate notice) or not show on 2 occasions, they will be required to prepay their next appointment and also pay the missed appointment fee. After 3 missed or cancelled appointments the client will be removed from our database and will no longer be able to rebook with us.
10. Your appointment with us is just as important as your appointment with the dentist, vets, opticians, yoga teacher, coffee with friends and much more, please try to keep your appointment with us if you can, we are still running a business.
11. We strongly urge all our clients to inform us of any changes in their dogs health, no matter how insignificant they may seem.
12. We will implement a minimum £5 charge for any dogs which require a flea treatment whilst with us. This charge can fluctuate in accordance with how severe the case may be and the requirement of cleaning and sanitising of the salon.
13. Irregularity of your dog's grooming appointments may result in you paying a higher rate in comparison to a regular client with the same breed. This is in no way discrimination, but we wish to reward regular clients with consistent prices (excludes but isn't limited to price inflation or increases, matting, size and condition of dog).
14. We groom humanely and abide by the Animal Welfare Act. If a dog is presented to us in a severely matted and uncomfortable condition, we will seek the owner’s permission to de-matt by clipping the coat very short or shaving. This method of de-matting is painless for the animal and allows the skin to breathe and recover, thereby encouraging a new and healthy coat to develop.
15. Occasionally, after shaving, sores or red skin may be revealed where dirt and infection or parasites have accumulated under the matting. Your vet will advise you of any treatment required. At the next groom, we will begin re-shaping and styling the coat according to breed type and/or owner requirements.
16.We will be very happy to explain how to prevent future problems and maintain your dog’s coat at home.
Scruffy 2 Fluffy Dog Grooming School - Terms & Conditions.
- Booking a course with Scruffy 2 Fluffy Dog Grooming School for dog grooming constitutes acceptance of these booking conditions.
- A booking is not accepted until Scruffy 2 Fluffy School has received a deposit of £690.00 per person enrolled. The booking will be deemed as accepted upon issue of a confirmation of the course commencement date, this does not need to be in writing.
- The booking deposit is deductible from the course fees for calculation of the balance payable. In the event of a cancellation of the booking by any student the deposit is not refundable.
- Notification of cancellation of a booking must be received in writing to Mr. Paul Smith, Scruffy 2 Fluffy Dog Grooming School not less than 14 working days prior to the date of commencement of the course. If no such notification is given then the full course fees become due in the event that a cancellation is made.
- The balance of the course fee falls due 14 days prior to commencement of the course, or in full on first day.
- Where a course is being financed by a third party (eg employer, training agency, etc), it remains the responsibility of the student for ensuring that funds are available by the due date.
- Scruffy 2 Fluffy Dog Grooming School reserves the right to refuse to accept any student for whom they feel that a course is unsuitable. No obligation is accepted to give reason for such a decision.
- In the event of a course having to be postponed by Scruffy 2 Fluffy Dog Grooming School prior to the starting date, for whatever reason, The student will be given alternative dates to commence/finish the practical side of the course. Scruffy 2 Fluffy Dog Grooming School accepts no liability for consequential loss or additional expenses such as travelling, accommodation fees or other related costs that may have been incurred.
- The school reserves the right close during a Covid outbreak or natural disaster. Considering the safety of all who may attend the centre. In this event, only the practical side of the courses will be affected, for which alternative dates will be arranged, always considering suitable times for both learners and the school. In this event, the learner will continue with their theory books and manuals.
- In the event of any course not being completed by the student, for whatever reason, no refund will be given. The student will be offered the opportunity to continue the course at a time to be mutually agreed.
- Each teaching day commences at 10.00am and students are expected to be punctual and to co-operate with other students to create a congenial atmosphere. The end of the training day is around 3.30pm, it until last dog is completed.
- All students are expected to show respect and consideration to other persons involved with the course and to the canine dog grooming models supplied for their tuition.
- No smoking will be allowed in any of the teaching or indoor areas of our site.
- Inset days will be applicable and students must accept this when applied, we offer these free of charge for as long as the student requires extra tuition and support.
- Learners will be expected to attend on agreed days. The school reserve the right to exclude a student if they constantly fail to attend. (constant is the equivalent to more than 3 times).
- The school will require at least 24 hours notice of intended absence, unless medical evidence is provided. Failure to adhere will result in loss of allocated time, excluded from the course, with no refund of fees, which also may result in only partial completion of course modules, which means the student will have to re-apply to complete the course, fees will be paid in lieu to the School Owner.
- All core expected days for courses should be completed and work handed in within 3 months of course enrolment. Failure to do so may result in only partial completion of the course.
- Failure to complete coursework by set deadlines without effort to catch up or provision of reasonable proof may result in additional fees being incurred.
- These conditions shall be actioned and adjudicated in accordance with British law.